Wednesday, June 26, 2013

100 Yr Old Furniture Make-over

This vanity is probably just under a hundred years or right at a hundred years old. My grandparents bought a house in 1966 in Utah with this furniture in it. It was already used and old. Then it was passed to my parents and me and yang used it our whole lives. It has been sitting in our room ever since. It was in serious need of a face lift. I forgot to take before pic, but snapped one after the sanding. So- you can't get the full effect of how nasty it was, but let me just say- It. Was. Bad.

3 comments:

Jake and Emily Huckaby said...

Wow! Beautiful!

wagdog said...

This. Blog. Sucks.

alexandriasmomma said...

It. Wasn't. That. Bad.

I finished priming the mirror/headboard today, gee. I put about three coats of primer on it. I'm going to cover the bench seat with the same fabric that I use on the headboard. Keep your fingers crossed. I hate to paint the chest of drawers because the finish on it isn't bad at all really. Pretty good condition for something a century old! But in order for errything to match I'll have to paint it.