Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Life is hard...but the gospel is so good


My husband gave all our children (except Ezra) a Father's Blessing last night. I am always so grateful when I see my husband exercise his priesthood. I love that he is a worthy priesthood holder and blesses our lives daily with it. Even though Ezra and Mookie were running around and making noise we could still feel the spirit and I could feel the love Jeebs has for his kids. 

And, because I need the extra lift and I am D-pressed about school being in session again, I asked him to give me a blessing as well. I was reminded of the love our Heavenly Father has for me and that He is concerned and interested in all the worries and troubles we have- no matter how insignificant they may seem to others. I have known for a while that He hears and answers prayers, but it is so real over and over again when you hear in a blessing that your prayers are heard. Every night I prayer for Heavenly Father to please bless my sister to know how much I love her and miss her because that is the best way to get a message through, right? And to be reassured and given an update of her in my blessing is the best gift ever. She is happily doing the Lord's work on the other side and looks forward to the day we are reunited. I still have a lot of work to do here, but I can't wait to see Yang again. It's a good thing my siblings and I have the relationships we have because we can go years without seeing each other and still be back to our normal selves talking like we were never apart and for that I am so grateful! Life is hard, but the gospel is so good.  

2 comments:

alexandriasmomma said...

I always HATED having school start again. It was so nice to have y'all home all summer. Summers seem to be getting shorter all the time. I dreaded school starting---having to buy clothes, shoes, supplies (those RIDICULOUS LISTS!). I never did buy all of the boxes of Kleenex stipulated in the lists. Good grief. If your kid has a runny nose, either keep them at home or give them some Kleenex for their pocket or bag. It doesn't take a rocket scientist. Two dozen pencils???? Not on your life. With four kids, that would be 8 dozen pencils. I'm NOT going to provide YOUR kid with pencils because YOU are too irresponsible to do so. "Hey, Nessa, you got a pancil?" And, yes, I meant to type "PANCIL".

Anyway, as you can see, I do NOT like for school to start.

I am thankful for Priesthood-worthy sons and son-in-law. I NEVER take it for granted. My constant prayer is that they won't either!

Unknown said...

So GOOD!...and so sweet!