Thursday, October 10, 2013

Target trips and sweater dresses

My kids are on their fall break and that means they mostly want to sit like lumps around the house. I, being the great mother that I am, forced them all to come on my Target trip with me. I tried to entice them with a trip to the Halloween store to look for costumes, but that didn't work. Anyway, after a few tears and some sulking we had our target trip. Ezra tried on a hot dog costume and I bought a sweater dress! I bought it and brought it home just to see if it might do. There was a time in my life not too long ago when I had sworn off sweater dresses for good. I slipped it on and immediately saw it was going to be to short, but other than that I just had a moment of triumph because I can Do a sweater dress! Happy dance. Now I'm going to take it back.

3 comments:

Jake and Emily Huckaby said...

Love that smile!

Allison said...

Funny...I was actually thinking about you the other day and how, once upon a time, you didn't do sweater dresses. I thought about asking you if you were going to give it a shot again...guess I got my answer. :) Looking great!

p.s. Your blog post about counting calories really helped me see the light in how to lose weight, and I'm doing it! Thanks for inspiring me. :)

DyessFam said...

Ok, stanky! Whatchoo talkin' bout, Willis?! That sweater dress looks amazing on you! I don't see the too shortness, but you prolly have something else in mind. ;) I LOVE YOUR BOOTS! I want them...WANT, WANT, WANT!!! Where'd ya get em'? :D P.S. I miss you...I've had several occasions to tell friends about you in some way or other and the cool thing is they have come across you via our link on fb, seen your personality shine and can totally see why we are friends. :)