Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Attack of the mink!

Labor Day was fishing with these two
They caught big monsters and I did not. It may have been because I was too busy running from the hissing mink. After Glen smugly caught 2 white bass to cut up for bait he put them next to his tackle box and let page and me have the monster fish spot. 

We sat there watching our bobbers and listening to the rustling of the high grass next to us. It was a mink. He finally got brave enough to come out and look at us before he scampered back into the grass. After a couple of times of this song and dance I told Page to throw him a chunk of fish so he would have something to nibble on. We knew that's what he wanted. Apparently, that wasn't enough for the little sucker because before we knew it he was slowly sneaking his way to the cut fish by Glen's stuff. Page took out his knife and was about to go full Hunger Games on his tail before he realized he's never been in the Hunger Games. I stomped at him turn go to politely usher him back from whence he came when he commenced hissing at us. Hissing at us! After we had given the little jerk a piece of fish! That was the turning for Page. If you're gonna hiss you gots to go. So, after unsuccessfully deterring him from his first snatch and run he weaseled his way back over, but we were ready and even more determined. As the little punk eased closer to the whole fish we went crazy; yelling, screaming, and stomping...and laughing hysterically. Page whacked at him with his tackle box and I stomped yelling, "skidlippplbuuubbbskldiiiblu!!!!!!". Everything happened so quickly, but eventually Glen came over to see what the heck we were screaming and yelling about. He quickly assessed the situation, grabbed a rock and knocked the ever loving snot out of the thing, landing it in the water. 

After a couple of seconds he resurfaced swimming in a circle. I thought Glen broke his leg, but he managed to recover, jump out of the water and run back to his first stolen treasure. We didn't see him again that day. Page wonders why he always gets in those kinds of situations when he's with me and I honestly don't know. I think nature just has it in for me. See post about the coyote. 

1 comment:

alexandriasmomma said...

Gee, you have the BEST brothers. I know you appreciate them. They teach you about fishing, protect you from hissing mink, and laugh at you when you scream instead of getting mad. I'd say that's some pretty awesome brothers.