Sunday, September 21, 2014

On the menu this week

Greek grilled chicken with homemade flat bread. OH. MY. GOSH. Nailed it. I made a greek-ish marinade with sour cream (because I didn't have plain yogurt), dill, oregano, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, honey, and salt and pepper. I let it marinate for about an hour and then grilled it while I made up some flat bread. I just googled homemade greek pita bread and found a pretty basic recipe. Water, sugar, salt, milk, yeast, oil and flour. Let it rise while I put together my topping of feta, bacon bits and red peppers for the chicken. I had Jeebs put that on the chicken after he flipped it the first time. I rolled out the bread and grilled it on my electric griddle. Heavenly, heavenly, heavenly. The bread was the best thing I had put through my teeth in a long time. It was beyond difficult to just eat a few bites. Anyway, behold the deliciousness...
Mookie was a little scared of the carwash this week too.

Ezra and I had matching colored shirts this day so I had to take an usie. He then told me he wanted a delicious noodle salad for dinner. I made him a spinach pesto noodle salad with rotisserie chicken. Nailed that too, but I didn't get a picture.

1 comment:

alexandriasmomma said...

What a darling picture!! What a darling boy!!! I love that little dude!!! Love you too, gee!!!