Sunday, September 6, 2009

STank BrEAth!

Today at church my mind started wandering. I was thinking about my stank nasty breath and I just started thinking about all the different types of bad breath. I was supposed to be playing the piano, but I was playing songs I've played many times so I start not concentrating as hard as I should on the task at hand. Anyway, I was thinking about how bad breath has varying levels of stink and varying levels of distance it travels out of the mouth. I know this is random, but some people's bad breath travels far and wide with a certain thickness to it. Some people's breath travels short distances- still really bad, but you only get a wiff here and there. I don't know- what causes the difference in coverage? Any thoughts- I'm just curious because it made me chuckle a bit while I was supposed to be playing "Choose the Right".

4 comments:

wagdog said...

I have several theories on this subject. I have been informed more than a few times by my sister that my breath stinks. I embarked upon a journey to fix my maligned exhalations. One of the keys to good breath is flossing your nasty teeth. Bits of food (especially meats of all sorts) that stick in between teeth rot in your mouth. Some of the decay that occurs can give off an odor that resembles human fecal matter. It goes without saying that you need to brush and floss daily. Good sugar-free gum (I find mint and cinnamon to be the best) are good after meals when you can't brush those stank nasty teeth. Another key is NOT LETTING YOUR TEETH ROT. In other words, go to the dentist. Some older folks have the worst breath that could clear a room quicker than an AARP Town Hall meeting on health care. Why? Old, nasty, rotting teeth.

The Airharts said...

Alot of it is gum disease...I can smell it a mile away!!!!! That is probably what you are smelling. People can have it without rotting teeth...nasty!

alexandriasmomma said...

GROSS! Glen, what you failed to say is how IRRITATING it is for said sister to point out one's less than pure breath. It's just pure dee fun to be sitting on the stage in sacrament mtg, lean over whisper something to said sister, and have her pull a face and fan her nose as she catches a whiff. Oh, I could have cheerfully pinched her nose off that day!! Man, you are the long suffering brother, I must say.

DyessFam said...

OH ,my GISH! You guys are cracka-lackin' me up!!!! Yes, I too have been the recipient of said informant giving me the low down on my stank breath! Hahahahaha! Good times. I must say, though, Nersa, you are equal opportunity breathalizer! Even to yourself. ;)