Wednesday, November 30, 2011

My inner Gwen



I love Gwen Stefani. Okay- I love her style...she is probably a total skank. But, I love her bleached blonde platinum hair with tons o' makeup. I used to sing No Doubt at the top of my lungs whilst driving home from school. I think I was singing Don't Speak the same trip I tried opening a bag of sunflower seeds and slung my (parental units) car into a ditch. Easy open bag my big buttocks. Anyway, I was asked by a friend in the ward to sing one of her songs -Hollaback Girl with new lyrics for her tennis club skit. Jeebs is a genius and added all kinds of effects to make me sound ok. Ya know they recorded Annette Funicello's voice several times over and layered it so it would sound decent because she could not sang. Same kind of thing, but I think it could use another layer. Anyway if you want to laugh at me go here and give it a listen. Enjoy Glen and Page- my brothers are my biggest supporters. By supporters I mean make fun of me every chance they get. I never retaliate.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You sound AWESOME!

The Airharts said...

Love it! So the secret is out now...this is what you and jeebs do all day long at home together. NOW we know what he wants to work from home...it's always a partee:)

Allison said...

That was great!

Team Simmons said...

That was amazing! Loved it! Your talents will be missed!

wagdog said...

Wow...I just set my guitar on fire and cried softly in the corner.

alexandriasmomma said...

Glen, I literally almost died after reading your comment. I was laughing so hard I could NOT breathe.

alexandriasmomma said...

MMMMMMMMMMKKKKKKK.

You're right. Annette recorded her "songs" in something known as an "echo chamber". She admitted that she could NOT sing, but that she felt pretty comfortable as long as she was in the echo chamber. She compared it to singing in the shower.

No Doubt. Don't Speak. hehehehehe