Friday, December 9, 2011

My bouquet


My wedding bouquet has lasted 10 years, 4 moves, 4 children and a partridge in a pear tree. It will not be making it's way back to Utah with us. I finally bit the bullet and threw it away. I did save one of the dried out flowers. My sister made this out of the bouquet the florist made- which was so not very pretty. She used the white roses and formed them into a pretty nosegay and wrapped them in satin white ribbons accented with a couple of thin silver ribbons. Our wedding colors were blue, white and silver. I thought I would be able to keep it forever- put it in a shadow box, but it has sat in a mug in my closet the entire time we've lived in this house. I decided to snap a pic, document it and leave it behind. Ten years has gone by way too fast.

2 comments:

alexandriasmomma said...

I guess moving a lot makes things different. I have two or three brand-new shadowboxes--empty of course. I hate the way I do things.

wagdog said...

You're a NOSEGAY!