Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The thing about running

I have actually learned to like running. I have never really been a runner. Before this past summer I think I had done exactly three, 3 mile runs. I would look at people in their running gear and gag. I'd see people running and wish for them to sit on the couch and eat some chips. Now, I see people running and wish to run like that. I can run at least three and a half miles without stopping and without feeling like I'm going to die. I look outside and wish to be out there on the road pounding the pavement. But, the only real time I have to go running is 6 in the morning before my kids have to get up for school. It's dark and you know what's out at 6 in the morning? Animals. Animals looking for breakfast. This white girl does not want to be breakfast. The Jordan River trail just behind the house is great for running. It's the first place I ran my first 5k...by myself of course. It's a nice trail. Until, our neighbor that runs on there all the time told me he saw a cougar pulling his freshly killed deer off the trail. I will no longer be on there by myself. The park is where I did most of my running this summer. But, it was daylight when I ran. I don't mind going early, but I guess I'm scared of the dark. So, I guess I'll hang up my running shoes until Summer.

No comments: