Sunday, July 27, 2014

Table and chairs Redo with chalk paint

This is where we started...

 Momma and daddy came to visit and momma and I have been dying to try chalk paint. I started by painting my table with the Annie Sloan old white chalk paint. After 2 coats and a lot of touch ups it looked like this.

Then I applied a coat of the Annie Sloan clear wax and some of the dark wax as well. It looked like this...

Way darker than I wanted so after getting a tip from Tara to add more clear wax to get off Some of the dark wax it started looking more like I wanted it to. The last thing I did was take a little paintbrush and go around the edges with dark wax to try to match them to the look of my kitchen island and vent. The final result...

Last thing we did was recover the chairs. I got the fabric at Hobby Lobby and momma and daddy cut them out and daddy stapled them on. We only have 2 done so far, but I think it is looking awesome!

2 comments:

alexandriasmomma said...

I think that redo ended up costing you about the price of one of those fifty dollar chairs. ONE of those chairs. I think it looks great!!!

Unknown said...

It does look great!!