Wednesday, August 13, 2014

I saved my family from a fox errr coyote

Jeebs wanted to take the kids to see the first point of interest up close on our self guided dinosaur national monument tour. I was content to stay in the car and so was Cagey. He pulled over and they jumped out. Crossed the street and hiked up towards the cave dwelling in the rock off the road. After a couple of minutes I looked up from chapsticking my lips and see it. A fox...in broad daylight. It wasn't red, it was huge (for a fox), haggard looking and walking straight at our car. I honked thinking it would scare it away from my unprotected family across the road. It jumped then stared us down as it peed in the road and change pathways towards Jeebs and my kids. I started honking more rapidly, beep beep beep beep BEEEEEEEP. It finally turned and went to the other side of the car and into the wilderness away from my family. Meanwhile Jeebs is looking at me with his hands in the air wondering what the heck is going on and why am I not just calling him on his phone. Sorry I was just too preoccupied trying to save you to call. I finally felt like it was gone enough to answer the phone and told Jeebs to make a mad dash for the car because a fox is lurking around right next to us. He didn't seem too grateful for my heroic feat.

Later as I relayed the story to my inlaws they asked, "Are you sure it wasn't a coyote?". I wasn't sure because it was a weird looking fox and a little more dog like than I thought a fox should look. I googled coyote images and low and behold. Coyote! I saved them from a dang, possibly rabid (I don't care what anybody says) coyote. Like a pioneer woman!!! Unlike a pioneer woman I thought it was a fox. Don't judge me. I've never seen something as scary as a coyote up close so I naturally assumed it was just a rabid fox. I didn't know how truly heroic I was. My honking the horn at the coyote story will be passed down through the ages!

1 comment:

Page said...

Utah is an open carry state. Stop honking and start pulling the trigger.