Saturday, April 27, 2013

Calories... Who knew

I guess that strange woman frantically crumpling that snack bag to check the calories was right. I remember telling her, "calories won't hurt you!" She replied with a very definitive, "oh yes they will." I have counted carbs and fat grams and mostly stuck to just cutting out food groups. That only got me so far. Week after week I have just known that I could NOT be losing weight and this wouldn't work. Well I am now 1.5 pounds down past my goal of 135 and I am still going strong. I actually bought a size 4 pant- yes I'll say it again- a size 4 pant on Friday. I am sick of having sag bum droopy drawers in all my pants so I ran to the outlet malls after I picked up the kids from school. (I pass the outlet malls twice a day every school day and I have only been 3 times- wha!! that's self control right there folks.) Anyway, I bought a couple of pants in a size 4 and wanted to burst into tears while the lady checked me out and scream, "Can YOU BELIEVE I'M buying a SIZE 4?" But I controlled myself and calmly walked out of the store. These are my pants and they are comfortable and cool and I have no saggy bum!

Okay- so the main reason I started doing this (besides the fact that I have my whole life tried to lose weight) is because I want more kids. I am terrified of having another baby, but I want another one sooooo badly. Actually, I am terrified of preeclampsia, having a baby is nothing, it's the stay in the hospital and the constant hovering and worrying about my dang blood pressure that has me freaked out. I am a homebirth kind of gal and 3 out of 4 of my kids have given me problems!! See, they start before they're even born!! Anyway, I'm still trying to get over my fear and after losing 35 pounds I feel I can conquer anything. I mean look at those goofs- I made those (I guess I'll give JEebs a little credit)- but how can I not want another one??



...and Mooks is the cutest thing since cuteness was invented.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You look great!...and I agree, those kids are super cute! love that yellow scarf

Nessa and Jeebs said...

Thank you Kathy! You have some cutie patootie kids yourself!!

Jake and Emily Huckaby said...

You look beautiful!