Saturday, April 6, 2013

This is where I try not to get discouraged


I knew it was going to happen. I just had that feeling all week, but I have for the last several weeks and it hasn't happened...until today. I GAINED almost a half pound. Yes, I stuck with my diet, yes I upped my workout level to hardcore and did every stinkin' exercise. And yet, there it was...a gain on the scale. BAHHHH!! I am soooo close. Last week if I stood right on my non-digital scale I was in the 130's!!! (and yes I know how insane that sounds) This week clearly straight up 140. ARgh. I blame Easter. Easter was ham, bread and a crap-ton of cadbury mini eggs and dark chocolate. I thought I would be okay since I was perfect every other day.

I am really excited with how far I've come and with how quickly, but this is another thing that bothers me. See that shirt I"m wearing?? It's a size XL. An XL. It did fit quite a bit more snug last summer, but still, I can wear the dang thing and it's an XL!!! After all that weight, my upper body is still like a line-backer. I did go running today, but got up too late and could only squeeze in just under 3 miles before conference. Blah again. I just want those last 5 pounds gone! Come on body, you can do this.
Also- I realize I'm only 5'3 and I should probably be shooting for 125 or 115, but I don't know if that will happen in this lifetime for me, especially hitting a plateau at 140. I'm telling myself I'm not going to get discouraged until I am this same weight for at least 2 more weeks. OHHH why do people have to eat anyway??

No comments: