Wednesday, June 4, 2014

I can actually navigate with my phone

I have no sense of direction. None. Zip. Zero. I'm pretty sure I get it from my brother. It took him 3 passes to find the turn into a Burger King. True story. Anyway, I have no room to make fun even though I do because at every pass I was yelling and pointing directly at said turn in spot. I digress. Today I wanted to get Taylor a haircut. It's summer, she hates fixing her hair and will probably spend most of her time with a wet head. So, off we went to super cuts. We pulled in and parked and only then did I notice the lack of signage on the super cuts building with a tapes hand written note in the front door. Closed down. So I quickly googled haircuts in American fork on my phone hoping something would pop up and jog my memory. One of the hits was Fantastic Sam's and I immediately remembered (or thought I did) where it was located. I headed in that direction and turned where I thought it was, some weird American fork intersection, and immediately figured out it too was not where I thought. So, I immediately turned to Siri and even though I knew I could at least get a place pulled up its always very iffy to actually follow directions on my phone and actually reach my desired location. I tapped on the place I thought I had seen and would work for a haircut for Taylor and followed the little blue pulsing ball that was my car to the red stationary ball that was my destination. Granted I kind of had an idea where it was, but regardless I made it. It's really one small step for normal human beings and one giant leap for this weirdo. Thank you Siri. I wonder if she could tell me where to get a backbone.
My kids follow blindly...good thing it's a paved trail to follow.

No comments: