Monday, June 16, 2014

Snickerdoodles to change your life...

I've never been a fan of snickerdoodles for a couple reasons...

1. They don't have chocolate.
2. They seem to always be crunchy or crispy. (momma don't eat no crunchy cookie!)

But, they are Jeebs' favorite cookie, so for Father's day I knew one of his treats would be Snickerdoodles. I searched specifically for SOFT snickerdoodles and found a recipe that looked promising. I found this recipe and thought I'd grive it a try, but I knew I wanted to tweak it a bit. Soooooo this is exactly what I did. (I thought Jeebs liked crunchy snickerdoodles, but it's my treat day on Sunday too so he would just have to give up something. I already said he needed an award.)

Life Changing Snickerdoodle Recipe

1 stick butter
1/2 C butter flavored shortening
1/2 C brown sugar
1 C white sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
3 eggs
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp baking soda
3 C flour

Method to my madness:
Preheat oven to 425. Cream butter, shortening, and sugars together until well combined. Add vanilla and eggs and mix. Mix together flour, spices and soda. Add flour mixture to butter mixture and mix until combined. Roll into balls (I made pretty big balls, maybe 2 inches?) and then roll in cinnamon, sugar and a little nutmeg. Place on parchment lined cookie sheets and bake for 7 minutes. Take them out and let them cool a bit. I drizzled on white chocolate, but that is probably gilding the lily. Then when  you eat them your teeth will just sink in and boom! you'll eat three. (if you like soft cookies)

They aren't like "make your kids sleep in past 7" kind of life changing, more like the "I'm gonna have to let out my pants" life changing, but you get the idea. (Mooks is awake erry morning at 7 in our bed, watching shows on netflix on my phone or taking random pics of me while I try, unsuccessfully, to sleep just a little longer.)

No comments: