Friday, June 12, 2009

I'm trying

I've been trying to blog for a while, but something comes up every time I sit down. I'm typing this one handed- Taylor is being a drama queen about the scrape on her elbow and Cagey is asking me a billion questions.

There is a scripture in Helaman that talks about possessions becoming slippery and after this morning I was thinking Heavenly Father is trying to teach me something. I failed to ever blog about my quick trip to the ER a couple of Sundays ago when I thought my kidneys might be failing. They weren't- but my eyes felt swollen and I felt like I had a UTI so I freaked out and went to Urgent Care- because I was only 2 weeks post-partum they sent me to the friggin' ER. I hate the ER. I've been to this ER here in New Bern more times than I have ever been to the ER in my whole entire life. Anyway- I started freaking out while I was sitting in my room alone- Jeebs was home with all the kids- and I thought my left hand was swelling so I took off my wedding rings to see if they could still come off. They could so I put them back on- well I did this 2 or 3 times and my dang finger swelled up like a sausage. It started hurting so bad- I freaked out (yet again) and had them cut my rings off. No big deal- they can be repaired, but who knows how long it will be before it gets done. Then, this morning I was sitting in the front bedroom and reached up to my left ear and my diamond earring was gone. The back was just stuck to the back of my ear, but the earring was gone. I was so sad. I started looking all over and couldn't find it anywhere- there was really no telling and finding something that small is a task in and of itself. I called my mom to see where that scripture was and she read it to me. Not quite the same thing I know, but I felt that Heavenly Father was teaching me a lesson. Just as I had almost given up hope- I walked into our bathroom and happened to look by the tub- there it was- my earring. I couldn't believe it. I'm sure I still need to do better about always looking and wishing for jewelry, shoes, clothes etc.- hey we all do right? :)

No comments: