Sunday, October 25, 2009

Natalie's Mane

My baby bug has not been sleeping worth a dang for the past several nights. We both have stopped up noses and all the crud that goes along with that. He doesn't want to sleep and he gags when I try to nurse him. So- my eyes are not wanting to work- or I'm just getting old.

Anyway, I have been thinking lately that I would really like to shave my head. I really can't stand my hair. It is thin, fine, no texture, body or curl grossness that lays flat against my head. I remember in high school fixing my hair and making it look decent then walking from my car in the parking lot to the door of the building and it being FLAT and UGLY. I don't think it has ever done anything for me. Right now it is so short and has hardly any layers in it- I have to do some major hair persuasion to get it to look half way decent. Today for church - I ran out of time and I just left for Church feeling awful about how it looked. When I got home I immediately pulled it back and clipped back my bangs. I liked it better pulled back. I usually always like my hair better pulled back- so that has led me to think that maybe I would be better off just shaving it. Well, I was looking at pics of Natalie Maines from the Dixie Chicks online - I've been told I look like her by various people in my life- Blagh- she's an idiot, but anyway- I found this picture...



SO- I ask you- should I take it as a sign that I should do it? Or just a funny coincidence? I don't think I'd have the guts to do it- mostly because of all the attention it would attract and secondly Tates would want to do it too :) but ya never know...

3 comments:

Wendy said...

NO WAY!!!! Your hair is way too cute. Sometimes I want to just get rid of all mine, too, but I really don't want to be mistaken for a 12-year old boy.
Taylor would DEFINITELY want to do it, too.

DyessFam said...

Okay, so I totally don't think you look like her. You are much prettier anyway! PLUS, being mistaken for a dude is NO fun! Third, I've always loved that your hair is very straight cuz you don't have to flat iron it. That's cool, chica!

DyessFam said...

OH, and I'm really sorry you are super sleep deprived! I feel ya sista'. It is no fun when your little bitty is miserable and you can't really do anything about it!