Sunday, October 18, 2009

Today is Sunday

Sunday is the one day I don't feel guilty about laying on the couch after church meetings and church activities are over. This is also my day off from my 'diet'. I let myself eat bread and pasta without wanting to kill myself :) and I eat as many chocolate chips as I want too :) Even though my Sundays start out really crazy and hard- rushing to get everybody ready so we can be to church at 9am- I love the day. A few weeks ago- there were 2 Sundays in a row that I had to force Cagey's clothes onto his limp body as he screamed "I DON'T WANT TO GO TO CHURCH!" and then when it was time to go Jeebs had to carry him kicking and screaming to the car. I just had to laugh because this is exactly what I used to do to my mom. Payback is a... well... you know :)

I still love Sundays though. Even though they are hard and exhausting- I just love them. I love going to church and getting to play the Primary songs. These are songs I grew up singing and I still feel the spirit every time I play them or sing them. I love hearing my kids and my husband sing the primary songs. It makes me want to cry when tates and Cagey sing them together. A couple of weeks ago we went to the park with the Savitz clan and Tates took her left handed glove that she never uses so she could play catch with Bart. When we left the playground she told Bart he could have the glove. She was so excited to give her best friend something. We got home and she asked me "Mommy, do you think Heavenly Father is happy I gave Bart my glove?" I said, "Yeah, He's happy when we do things for others." Tates just smiled and said "I know Heavenly Father is happy because I feel it!" Then out of the blue- she went and gave Cagey a hug. It really is worth all the heck you go through every day.

No comments: