Saturday, February 20, 2010

If you like taxes you'll LOVE NC

I saw that on a bumper sticker this week and thought it was HILARIOUS. It is so true. This place is ridiculous! In addition to all the regular taxes- we have to pay a CAR tax- not like sales tax when you buy the car- no- like a property tax on your CAR! We are finally getting a refund this year, BUT North Carolina is running low on money to pay out tax refunds so we may not get our refund until April or May! Apparently- people don't like the government having their money, (but they'll cast their ballot for those who openly admit they want to spread YOUR MONEY around) because people who owe don't pay in until April 15th and people who are getting refunds always file early. HMMM the commercial "It's MY money and I want it NOW!" comes to mind. Seriously. Need. My. Money. NOrth Carolina- I think you're cool and all, but your government SUCKS. Texas our Texas all Hail the mighty state! oh excuse me, I was thinking of home :)

2 comments:

Page said...

I got to see CPAC the other night, heard most of Glenn Becks speech. It was pretty awesome. WE NEED A BIG TENT. Eff your tent, give me my money back.

Wendy said...

Isn't that infuriating? It's your money, you should get it back on time. But if you owe the government one cent they expect you to pay up ASAP.