Sunday, February 14, 2010

a white Valentine's Day!

If we couldn't get a white Christmas (or even a cold Christmas) we will take the white Valentine's Day we got!! YAY! it is so pretty. AND- I got out of speaking at church 2 times in a row!! I think it is a sign that I am not SUPPOSED to speak! So- since we're not at church this morning I have time to post some pics and hopefully get to making some more Valentine cards- we'll see.

This is what we woke up to Saturday morning!!
This is down our road...It stuck on the road!! There were snowplows out Friday night when we drove to the airport to take Jeebs' rental car back and I laughed OUT LOUD. There wasn't anything at all falling at that point.

This is the only picture I got of Cagey. He has a little cold and so I didn't want him out in it for too long. Tates went down the road to have a snowball fight with the neighbor kids.

Jeebs made a snowman by himself...I had already made Cagey go in. But, once he calmed down I asked him if he wanted to go out and help daddy make a snowman and he said NO. Crazy kid. OH and this is me giving Jeebs' snowman a wet lickery kiss. I called him our Al Gore snowman- he's sad cuz it's snowing!! hehehehe
The Valentine's presents I put together for the kids. We have a Sunday tradition of having microwave popcorn and watching America's funniest home videos. I finally got them some of these cute popcorn tubs for their popcorn for Sundays. I filled them with stuff from the one spot at Target. (Man, that one spot can drag you in. You think- oh it's just a dollar- then you get it home and realize all that stuff is worth about 50 cents!)
We had a white, relaxing Valentine's Day breakfast. I made homemade bagels and hot chocolate. I tried to make the bagels heart shaped- but they rounded out anyway. Jeebs suggested marion berry jam mixed with cream cheese to spread on them and OH it was good! I made cinnamon sugar, poppy seed and plain. I wish I had asiago cheese to put on them- oh how I love asiago cheese bagels!! maybe next time church is canceled :) Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: