Saturday, January 12, 2013

I lost 4 lbs in 5 days...

Who knew actually counting calories like a maniac really works? I hate counting calories, despise, abhor, eschew at all cost- counting calories. But, when you've been working out with Jillian and eating healthy for a year and a half and have only had minimal results- you have to take drastic measures. I did gain 6 pounds over the holidays, so really I have 2 pounds yet to lose to get back to my "pre-holiday" weight, but I'll take it. I signed up for Jillian Michaels online so I could track every little calorie that I ingest and every little calorie that I burn. I love having a new workout every day and I must say even though I've been doing her videos for a while- the ones I get every day are kicking my boot-tay. My left arm is still pulsing from doing those dadgum extended planks. Argh. Anyway, tomorrow has been my "day-off" for many years, but I need to stay on track tomorrow since I just started. PLEase oh please help me stay on track tomorrow. Sundays are hard when you're exhausted and sitting around wanting to make a treat to shove in your face. Maybe I could do something like read my scriptures or go visiting teaching to keep my mind off of treats. What a novel idea!

I'm cautiously optimistic about this. I have never done an actual program (other than buying the Atkins book and doing it on my own- when I lost 7 lbs in a month and Jeebs lost 30- argh, again.) But, I usually start slacking when I get to a comfortable weight for myself- which is still about 10-15 pounds higher than I should be. So this time I have to go all the way, Beatrices!!

1 comment:

DyessFam said...

I know its way past Sunday, but I'll cheer you on anyway! You can do this! Here's a suggestion: Its all in the jeans. When you have the urge to shove the treat in your face, go try on a pair of pants that will fit when you get to your goal. You know you love me! :)