Wednesday, January 9, 2013

My nemesis

Fudge babies!! I found these on a blog that my friend, Shelly, follows and I've been addicted ever since. They aren't too bad for you, but if you eat the whole batch in one day ( like I sometimes do) they tend to hinder your weight loss. Mookie loves them too so when she's around it is especially hard to make them last for any amount of time. They're just dates, walnuts, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla and I add just a teaspoon or so of honey to help them hold together. If you want to be addicted too the recipe is here. Surrrrrrriously, make 'em. I just saw a recipe for german chocolate fudge babies on her site- everything is the same as the original except you use PECANS and add coconut. Gonna make those babies on Sunday.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm totally trying it! (:

DyessFam said...

I just made a batch of chocolate chip babies a few days ago and they are go-one. I really want to make some more, but I have to let my ninja rest after I tear the mess out of the dates. Maybe I should be nicer and rough chop the dates first....naaah. :)