Monday, November 9, 2009

...and Jeebs

I do exist. I haven't, until now, chosen to post anything to our blog. Nessa has done a great job on her own. There is one area where she's lacking, though. There are no posts with a time stamp between 3 and 4 am (we're on EST over here... add 3 hours to the time stamp below for the correct time). Not one. So I thought I'd step up and take one for the team.

I'm up at the wee hours trying to finish a project for work that someone else should have finished last week. He came down with appendicitis (no, it wasn't Glenn Beck) and that's a very valid excuse for not finishing. However, my superiors, in their infinite wisdom, decided that what appendix boy had been doing for the last 3 weeks was inadequate and we needed to start over. Their excuses for why it wasn't caught sooner that he wasn't performing satisfactorily? They were too busy. They tried to get him to alter his methods. So now I'm saddled with the sole responsibility (given the task Wednesday) of finishing this project by this morning (they wanted it on Friday...that wasn't going to happen). Not only that, but they decided they wanted to do this project differently from previous versions, basically from the ground up. Apparently I'm the only one at work that can do it, even though we've made 3 hires in the last 4 months that were supposed to ease my burden.

Anyway, I've wasted too much time. It's 3:48 am. I'm tired. I'm not even close to being done. I've said enough that if a potential employer found this post they'd probably overlook me because of my negativity (in my defense this is the 2nd all-nighter this week and health care reform passed the house. I have a pretty solid case for my negativity).

1 comment:

DyessFam said...

Okay, are you sure Jeebs did this post? If so, I'm scared...you guys post/talk/write in the same way....I know the longer you are married, you tend to start looking like each other, but writing?! I'm just saying! Sorry, you got dumped on by your bosses because of appendix boy. Poor guy...he's always gonna be known as appendix guy.:)