Friday, November 19, 2010

A guest post from my brother on running

You try to be a runner. You run. You think, "I'm getting good at this!" Next thing you know you've eaten nachos for lunch with tons of jalapenos. You decide to go for a nice evening run before dinner. Things are going well. Thoughts of, "I'm really going to go 3 miles today instead of 2!" run through your head. Next thing you know you are way off in the woods, shorts down, hanging onto a couple of trees, while jalapeno-infused lava dook is spraying the forest floor. You sob softly as you think to yourself, "Running sucks! It SUCKS!"

Post Edit: This was Glen and I was there and it was gross. It was pitch black outside- he stepped off into the woods and I didn't want to be left in the pitch blackness so I followed. I was a few steps away and I heard everything. Thankfully- I couldn't see anything and he threw away those shorts and underwear when we got home.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That was good!!!! (:

DyessFam said...

First of all, I can't really tell which of your brothers this is, but I'm thinking Page? Second, I have tears, TEARS! Thanks for that:)

Page said...

Let the records show that this was not me but was definitely my shorts being sprayed upon by Glen E. Wagley.

wagdog said...

Wait just a minute, those with whom I share a certain amount of genetic traits. I didn't "spray" on the shorts. I soiled the woods for sure. I didn't have any toilet paper or leaves available. For some reason, I didn't want to sacrifice my socks. I washed Page's shorts in boiling water twice. When I offered them back, Page reaction was something akin to "we might as well burn them. I'm not touching them." Physically they were clean but neither one of us could wear those shorts again knowing what they had been through. There are some stains that are only cleansed by fire...running sucks!

DyessFam said...

Okay, I'm dying over here! Oh, my sides hurt! Not nice to do to a pregnant lady. :) Those poor shorts!