Tuesday, July 14, 2009

It felt like vacation

Because I'm such a pansy when it comes to spending the night in the house without Jeebs and because PF Changs has been calling out to me for a while- we decided to drive up to Raleigh and meet Jeebs after work. We went out to dinner at Crabtree and then strolled a tiny bit in the mall. Just enough for me to find the cutest sandals- on sale- perfect for everyday wear- just what I've been looking for. AND- they're CROCS- weird eh? My friend Wendy got a cute pair of Crocs when she went to Durham and I thought they were so cool. I found my own pair- different from hers but still really cute.

We spent the night at La Quinta just down the road from the airport and the kids were DYING to swim so we hurried back to the hotel and got their swimsuits on- Jeebs took them down while I nursed the baby- shocker. Wouldn't you know it- after all the drama with their pool and all the wishing and hoping to swim- it was closed. *#*^$^* (that was for Shelly) so instead they got to stay up and enjoy their desserts. We found a DQ/Orange Julius in Durham. I was so excited to have an orange julius- I haven't had one since we left Utah.

When we were leaving the hotel this morning it was clear and cool and low humidity- it actually felt like we were on vacation. Then I had to drive home and the closer we got to New Bern the cloudier and more humid it got. It's actually nice right now though- so the pup was grateful. what movie? 100 pts. unless you're mamma wagley :)
And a cut pic of EZ- he was surprisingly happy the whole time. We even got to eat out dinner without one of us having to go outside- it was so nice! he's such a sweetie

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Adorable shoes!!
Are we the same shoe size?

wagdog said...

sandlot. easy.

The Airharts said...

one more you might like...www.oneprettything.com