Tuesday, July 7, 2009

This is why I hate to cook...


Tonight I made a delicious homemade marinara with zucchini on whole grain pasta. I made a salad I saw Ina Garten make on Barefoot Contessa. It was spinach, peas, pesto, parmesan cheese and pine nuts. I didn't have pine nuts so I used these super tasty garlic ceasar sliced almonds. Then I cut up some fresh pineapple, cantaloupe and strawberries for a fruit salad. Not a smack of meat in the meal- so Jeebs was not impressed. He was unable to come to the table- and I didn't get so much as a "thanks for the delicious meal". Tates did okay- but just ate around her pasta sauce. Cagey ate noodles and then vomited them up in the car an hour later. YUcK. Anyway- it looked so pretty on the plate, I took a pic. The picture doesn't do it justice because it was jeebs' plate and I was piling it on. I love veggies and I'm determined to make my kids eat them!!

1 comment:

DyessFam said...

Well, i would've eaten it! That looks super yummy... I have the same issue with my family, but i just know one day they'll become veggie-holics too!;)