Thursday, July 9, 2009

The pool saga

So about 2 and a half weeks ago I convinced Jeebs to let us go to walmart for FHE and get a pool for the kids (and us). I wanted something bigger than a kiddie pool, but something with a filter so I wouldn't have to change the water all the dang time, but small enough that it wouldn't be over the kids' heads so they could get in by themselves. Well, I foundd the perfect one at walmart.com for 79.99. We went to walmart and found the exact pool except it was marked 99.99. I figured they would for sure price match to their own dang website since they match to everybody else. So, we get it to the register and she rings it up at 99.99$ Jeebs tells her it was 79.99 on the website and would they price match- she goes and asks her manager and no, they won't. So a little perturbed he tells the lady we don't want it and she says you can order it online and get it shipped to the store for free- even though they had 3 of the exact pool already in the store. So we go to Target to see if they have a smaller one for cheaper- nope nothing, nada, no pools. We head home, disappointed and irritated. Jeebs goes ahead and orders the pool online to save the 20 bucks. We get an email that says it will arrive between July 2 and July 8th. We figured the store would call us and say oh we have 3 of these come get one- ha!! We waited and waited. Finally on the 3rd we decided to just go buy one and send the ordered one back. We go to walmart in Jacksonville which is 45 min away and they have NO pools. We head back to New Bern and go to our walmart- they have NO pools. So jeebs comes out with a 10$ kiddie pool for the kids to enjoy on the 4th. They had a big time with the pool and we thought for sure this week the stinkin' big pool would get here. Well on the 7th- we still hadn't gotten anything. So I emailed them and asked. Nothing came all day from them until about 10;30. An email saying "sorry your item was lost in transit and we'll be refunding your money." DAG YO! I was so MAD. SO- yesterday I looked up online at riteaid.com and it had a mailer with a smaller pool on sale for 25% off. So- Jeebs calls to make sure they had one. They had 2. I run down there and get the pool in my cart. Get it up to the register and it rings up 119.99$. I asked the girl if it was on sale. She goes and gets the mailer and looks through the whole #*(^*@ thing and tells me "there's nothing in here about it being on sale this week". @$$*#)$*@)#()@#)*@$)%#)$*#)$)( SO- I stuff Cagey back in the car- race over to Target and get the last #*#$& pool they have on the shelf- the same size as the walmart one except 3 inches shallower for the same price - 99.99 - Get it home- Jeebs sets it up- we filled it up last night, but it would only fill half way because of how unlevel our yard is. So- we decided just to leave it up so the kids could enjoy that amount of water a couple of days before we drain it, move it and try again. This morning Tates gets up before 7 and is ready to swim. It was 74 degrees this morning, cloudy and breezy. I let them go out around 10. Cagey's lips were blue- so I made them come in at noon to dry off and eat lunch. It is so stinkin' cool today though- so I'm making them stay in for a while- on the first flippin' day we have our stinkin' pool. I'm so annoyed. So we're watching a movie- that I think may be too scary for Tates and thankfully Cagey is asleep.

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Freakin' crap. George just pointed out that I could've gotten you a discount on the pool. Sorry.

Erik said...

I absolutely HATE that story. I'm so sorry you got totally screwed. I hope you finally get to enjoy that pool.

Jake and Emily Huckaby said...

Man that is a saga. Just another reason for us both to move to Oregon (the Portland side), you really don't need a pool but 2 weeks out of the year :)

alexandriasmomma said...

Vanessa's whole life is a saga, people. It stresses me out to hear her stories!! Methinks it does y'all as well!!!

Allison said...

Wow, that really stinks! I've been lucky with my site-to-store Walmart purchases. Now I know it can go so very wrong! Glad you finally got a pool, though.