Thursday, July 23, 2009

In spite of the rain...

Yesterday was a good day. I woke up and heard the forecast for the day and I immediately thought "good beach day." It's the end of July and we hadn't been to the beach at all this Summer. I just thought to myself- I'm just gonna go and do it. I'll figure it out when I get there. Well- I took the baby's bouncy seat, towels, blanket, sunscreen and snacks. We got there around 11:15- I nursed the baby in the car before we got out on the beach and there was hardly anybody there. Woohoo! EZ got a little fussy after a little while so I went and stood out in the water with him. The noise from the waves just lulled him to sleep and I put him in his bouncy seat with a blanket over the handle. It was perfect- he got a nap- out of the sun and we got a fun day at the beach. And then it started to rain and rain and rain. I couldn't run for the car because there is no running in the sand and the baby would get soaked. So we sat there in the rain and I prayed his little knit blanket would hold up and keep him dry. Amazingly enough- I could wring water out of the corners of his blanket but the part right over him didn't get wet through to the second layer of knit. So- he ended up being the only dry thing we had when we got in the car. The kids had fun and I love sitting on the beach- it is so relaxing- if the freakin' seagulls would leave me alone!! I was proud of myself for doing it all alone- I guess I can do more things than I think. Like today- I mowed the lawn while the baby slept in his bouncy seat on the back porch. Hooray for that dang bouncy seat and hooray for a covered porch.

2 comments:

DyessFam said...

You're awesome, Wonder Woman! Love the Cagey Cake. Love the action shots. Love your hhhhrrrruuuugggge!-baby-who-is-probably-bigger-than-my-older-than-him-baby! He is actually looking much different than your other kiddos to me. He kinda looks like Glen a bit....ssshhhhh...don't tell him I said so, tho, yo. ;p Kay, gotta go to bed.

Wendy said...

We miss y'all - come back from Texas already!!!!Hope you're having a good time, though -