Saturday, June 12, 2010

A Free Saturday!!

For the first time in a long time we had a free Saturday- no youth activities, no softball games, softball practice was cancelled... nothing! The day started off bright and early- 1:45 am to be exact. Cagey woke up and needed a drink so I jumped up and got the drink, tucked Cagey back in bed and ignored the dang dog that was following me around giving me the "let me out now, woman!" look. I eased back in bed and got comfortable, trying to ignore Percy's whimpering. Sometimes if you ignore him he'll give up and ball himself back up into his little blanket nest or scratch and dig his pillow a little more before falling reluctantly back to sleep. Not this night- morning- whatever you call it. T``his time Jeebs got up to let him out. He made the ultimate mistake of letting Percy go out on his own- but really, when you're in your skivvies, at 2 in the morning, what is a person to do? I heard him calling for the dog, nothing. He finally comes back in and slips on some shorts. He headed back out to try and get the dog to come back in- yelling softly so as to not wake up the kids. After several minutes he came back to bed and told me, "that dog is dead to me." I laughed and tried to just go back to sleep, but after a while I thought I heard him scratching at the door so I got up and opened the door to let him in, he wasn't at the door. He was coming around the side of the house and headed to the woods and on his way gave me the "screw you hippie!" look. I was getting mad now. I got back in bed and fell back asleep. My eyes opened again when I heard someone moving around in the house and opening the garage door- it was light outside but just barely- 5:45 am. A shot of adrenaline went through me, I perked up and asked Jeebs who in the heck is opening doors! He told me it was Tates looking for Percy so I got up and Tates told me she heard Percy scratching at the door. I saw the little (add expletive here) head at the back door. Let him in and Tates grabbed him up, "he's wet" she tells me. So I stuck him in the garage to dry off a bit and hopefully let some of the ticks fall off before bringing him in the house. I told Tates to go back to bed because it was still early and I snuggled back under my covers. Percy started scratching on the door wanting to come in- I ignored it. Then he started barking- I asked Jeebs what to do- got back up went into the garage stepped through the massive amount of gross dead bugs in there to try and find his kennel- shoved him in and huffed back to bed. Amazingly I fell back to sleep- I should have just gotten up. Cagey and Ezra were up at 7.

Oh well- we had the whole day right? Nope...Jeebs had to work.

I did get everybody to pitch in and straighten up the house. I then swept out the previously mentioned gross dead-bug filled garage. (which also had a toad caught in a mouse trap flopping around in it, yuck) I then mowed the yard while Jeebs watched Ezra, who wouldn't take his morning nap, argh. We did, however, end up all in the pool at the same time- Cagey has been asking for a family night in the pool again for a while. We were having a blast until the neighborhood kids showed up asking to get in. I really wouldn't mind them getting in if they were nice boys and hadn't already gone swimming in our pool...without asking, while we weren't home. Taylor has also said they are gross, apparently they like to do gross things, but Tates won't tell me exactly what. Yuck- these kids are 2nd grade and kindergarten! After we came in and everybody got changed- I got Ezra to sleep, Cage fell asleep and Tates was cuddled under a blanket. I decided I would try and catch a few Z's as well. ha! KNOck KNOCK Knock! Yes, neighborhood irritants again.

We ended up going to Walmart for groceries and because I promised Cagey I would take him to Kidsville- I made dinner while Jeebs took Cagey and Ezra to play. I wonder when our next "free" Saturday will be.

Sorry this was so long- It needed to be long enough so I wouldn't have to see Obama's ugly mug every time I looked at my blog.

No comments: