Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Do you lie?

I really try to not to lie. I remember the first time I told a lie- I had taken a donut without asking and I felt so bad about it. I think I later confessed or maybe I dreamed the whole thing, I donno. Anyway, last night we went to Paula's Pizza- it's a little pizza/pasta joint in New Bern. The first time we went it took an hour and a half to get our food. We tried again and last night our food came out in a reasonable amount of time, but it was so blagh. Then the question comes- "how is your dinner?" Truthfully the answer would've been "blagh- it's gross you need to introduce your chef to garlic and where is the parmesan cheese? does anything in this joint have flavor?" But, as always we replied with the usual, "it's really good." So, am I lying? Am I just being polite or really does the waitress really care how your food tastes? She probably just wants to make sure you don't have bugs crawling in your food or something- and ya know- maybe bugs would've given the food more flavor. Do you lie like this?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so bad I've not even considered it lying. I do this all the time! I hate that I do it too. I would love to know where the lie vs. be kind line is drawn. Ultimately it would just be better if we'd say it like it is. Maybe, they wouldn't go out of business because someone helped them realize that their food stinks and would then make whatever adjustments and become the most popular pizza joint there. So...there, I guess it's somewhere between being grateful but honest...if they really want to know how dinner is!

Jake and Emily Huckaby said...

You've been with me when I've lied.

DyessFam said...

I know that I have before, though I can't remember exactly, but I haven't in a long time. I will tell you straight up AND if it was really bad, I will ask to have it sent back and be comp-ed for it. I'm not paying for something that's disgusting, especially when it is supposed to be a treat and I didn't have to cook it! EW. Oh and if I order something a certain way and its not the way it comes out, I will have it corrected. I've driven all the way back to Chic-fil-A because they didn't give me something they were supposedt to. I usually end up getting a freebie coupon from them, so it makes it better. ;p I am nice about it, but you know I'm like that, though. :)