Friday, December 10, 2010

A ghetto How To: from me to you

Merry Christmas (don't say I never gave you anything)!

I saw a cool little swag online somewhere which I could never find again so I just winged it. I wanted to make a door hanging, but I didn't want to spend too much money on it. So- in my backyard are these lovely pine trees that I didn't think would work, but I decided to give it a try. You can decide for yourself whether or not it worked.

Step 1: Go cut off some branches of pine trees- don't worry you tree huggers they're evergreens that means they're always happy. (as if tree huggers read this blog)

Step 2:
Start wiring your branches onto a wire hanger
I got one side done and one to go- start at the bottom of your hanger and work your way up to the center.

Step 3:
Get a cute little model to hold it up for you after you wired all the branches on.
don't judge the state of my house- I can either clean or I can make junk- both I cannot do. I'm cool like that.

Step 4: Go around town looking for just the right color ribbon or fabric for a flower and settle for something that is not what you wanted, but maybe it'll do and you're sick of this project, you just want it on the door and off the counter- make it into a ghetto looking bow and hot glue it in the middle.
Step 5:

Add a glittered initial- that you just knocked off onto the floor and knocked half the glitter off. Add random little rhinestones for a little extra sparkle.

Step 6:Hang it on your door and hope nobody thinks it looks like a lopsided mustache for your front door.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooo, I love it! I need to find myself a pine tree!

DyessFam said...

I love the ghetto-ness! I'll bet your door is grateful for the mustache you made for it to keep it warm on those cold nights! ;p Gonna have to make me one of these next year. I don't have any pine trees, tho. Gonna have to find a substitute. We ain't in the piney region anymore, toto. I like that you decorated your floor for Christmas as an aside by knocking the letter off on the floor. Usually my kids do stuff like that for me. ;) Oh, and don't even try with your house is a mess! I need to take a picture of my house right now before I go into mom's-had-enough-and-this-house-better-look-somewhat-presentable-in-the-next-hour-or-two-or-someone's-going-to-feel-my-wrath!!!!! hehe. cuz I'm a cool mom like that. :)