Thursday, December 30, 2010

Jeebs' Christmas present


I got Jeebs a super duper fossil baby carrier for Christmas. But, looking at our Christmas pics from last year and this year I'm thinking we need to get new sweatshirts. We don't have a huge need for warm clothes here, but this fall it has been consistently cool for a while and we love it. I just think it's funny that last year and this year we had on the same sweatshirts. I guess we really do bleed blue.

As I was cleaning up the kitchen this morning I remembered something about my D&C class at BYU. I had a pretty hard professor for that class and I never asked questions or made comments (not that that was too different from any of my other classes). In his class you could sign up to do oral reports on different topics for extra credit. One day in class a really cute guy got up to give his report and as usual after he finished our professor asked for questions. I had a pretty outspoken southern friend in there with me egging me on- so I shot up my hand. My teacher got excited that this otherwise mute student was daring to speak in class. He called on me and I immediately blurted out "Are you married?". The guy blushed and the whole class, including our teacher laughed. Only at BYU could you get away with that. Good times.

4 comments:

alexandriasmomma said...

You never told me that story! I guess your teacher was totally dashed by your comment!!!

I love the pic of Bugs in the "fossil baby carrier".

alexandriasmomma said...

In fact, your teacher was probably as dashed by your comment as you are about all of MINE!!! I'm sure you're looking at all the comments thinking, "Oh, YAY, people are reading my blogs and commenting on them!" Then you look at them and, alas, it's just the old bag!

Nessa and Jeebs said...

No- my teacher thought it was funny and he kind of said something like he thought that he was going to have a love match in his class. You know those BYU professors are excited when people get married :)

DyessFam said...

I honestly can't believe you did that! Nice!