Tuesday, July 26, 2011

My name is Vanessa, my dog's name is Percy

This is the view out of my bedroom window. See those pretty zinnias? (that's a flower, Page) My next door neighbor plants them for me. Yesterday I was out pulling weeds and she stopped for a minute to ask about my Meny and yada yada. After she pulled away I asked the kids to come out and help me and of course my dang jerk of a dog thought he'd take that opportunity to head for the hills. I was so hot and tired I figured I'd let him just go. When I had enough sweat in my shirt I could wring it out I went inside to cool off and feed the baby. I sat inside enjoying the a/c and then finished whatever things I had left to do inside. Cagey asked for Schlotzsky's and I figured if he had enough money for it I would go get it for him. The kids all brought me their money and I loaded Ezra and Meny up in the car. We went through the drive thru, picked up the 3 kid's meals and headed back home. I pulled in the driveway and I see my neighbor has just pulled back into hers. As I get out she yells to me "Hey Val, did you lose Wally?" I had to process that for a second and just said, "Oh yeah," and looked behind me to see another neighbor bringing little "Wally" up the driveway. He had been out that whole time and my neighbor thinks my name is Valerie. I've never had the heart to correct her because she's asked Jeebs at least twice what my name is. Oh well, she writes novels so maybe she'll base a character on me in one of her books and her name will be "Vanessa". Incidentally, another lady at church calls me "Natalie" and another sister I visit teach thinks my name is "Lacy". Unforgettable, is what I'm not.

2 comments:

Page said...

*golfclap*

alexandriasmomma said...

Gee, if anybody knows what a Zinnia is, Page does!!!!!

I LOVE HIS COMMENT!!! ROFL!!!