Sunday, July 10, 2011

pink petal dress


Over six years ago when I was pregnant with Cagey I found this dress on sale at Gymboree in Provo. I didn't know if I was having a boy or girl, but it was so cute I couldn't pass it up. They had the little hat that matched as well, but it is still way too big. I bought the socks, but there were no shoes in a new born size so my mom got online and ordered both a 00 and 01 size shoe. Obviously, my baby, Cagey, turned out to be a boy so I packed it away with other baby clothes. We moved to North Carolina and 3 years later I was pregnant again with a baby due in the spring. I dug this little dress out complete with hat, socks and both pairs of shoes and ended up having to put it back away. Now, six years later I finally got to put it on my baby!! I was so excited and she got so many compliments on her little dress and shoes. The shoes, you must look at the shoes. They look like shoes Thumbelina would wear. This outfit just makes me so happy. I can't wait for the hat to fit as well, she'll probably be 5 years old.
The outtakes, Mooks was tired and I was making fun of her. She actually looks a lot like me before church on Sundays.

3 comments:

Page said...

Looks like everyone has their Sunday-face on in this pic.

I DONT WANNA GO!
I DONT WANNA GO!
NO, YOU CANT MAKE ME!

DyessFam said...

That is a stinkin' cute dress! I'm lovin' the shoes, too! I want some.. :) So, I finally got caught up on your blog. Yay! I've had an attitude about being on the computer for about a month. It may pass, may not. :)

wagdog said...

I hope she acts just like you did on Sunday mornings.