Friday, July 29, 2011

I choose sanity

Today I kept choosing not to lose my mind. I decided it was a choice and I decide to stay sane. I chose to stay sane when my 2 month old would not take a nap. I chose to stay sane when my 2 year old wiped his giant sucker all over the love seat and chair. I chose to stay sane when my baby cried and cried without reason. I chose to stay sane even after I ate a granola bar and hated myself for it. I chose to stay sane when I thought about how much my chub was glooping over the sides of my shorts. I chose to stay sane while Taylor watched episode after episode of Merlin on Hulu and Cagey played video games for 2 hours or more- I think I blacked out at some point. I chose to stay sane when Ezra repeatedly said "I want, I want, I want, I want," the whole time I was trying to get a our nutritious meal of hotdogs on the table. I chose to stay sane when Taylor showed up with red drink mix powder all over her shirt and the kitchen floor. And, I chose to stay sane when my baby didn't finally fall asleep for good until 11:20 or so. So, I choose sanity- today...yay me.

Yesterday I felt like Shrek when that little boy keeps telling him, "Do the ROAR!" and I think I eventually roared.

2 comments:

alexandriasmomma said...

It IS a choice. We have the power to behave in a manner pleasing to our Heavenly Father or in a manner pleasing to Satan. I'm sorry to say that way too many times I chose poorly when y'all were little kids. I regret my harsh words and actions so much.

Uh, oh. Just the phrase "red drink mix powder" makes me shudder!

YAY, YOU, GEE!!!! YOU DID IT!!!!
Kudoes to you and keep it up!!!

Do you remember when Yang used to say, "Well, roar." I always thought it was SO funny. When Kelton and Cooper were here we watched that movie where those guys run around to the sound of coconuts clopping like horse hooves. What is the name of that dang movie? Yang thought it was so hilarious and so did Kelton and Cooper!! We watched it in honor of Yang.

Page said...

Monty pythons the holy grail.