Sunday, July 17, 2011

Poor daddy

I'm just curious as to how my kids see the world. Not even "the" world, but their world more specifically. At dinner time Meny has an internal clock that says, "time to scream my head off because I smell something that doesn't smell like what I'm getting." (or something to that effect) So, almost every dinner I sit at the table, the baby propped precariously on one knee, foot propped on something else so I can raise the baby enough to the exposed feed bag so she can eat while we're eating. I've already made the meal, usually put it all out on the table, set the table and everybody just has to come in, serve themselves and eat the slop. A couple of nights ago I made my most excellent homemade flour tortillas and greek style hamburger meat- complete with all the toppings to make gyros. (it sounds weird, but homemade pita bread required a 500 degree oven and that ain't happening) I get everything and everybody settled and the mooks starts her little song. Since I was already eating and he had not yet sat down Jeebs scooped her up and tried to soothe her. She wasn't having it so he slipped outside into the heat because that's where she likes it. As soon as he closed the door Taylor pipes up with, "poor daddy."

Today we sit down to eat. Jeebs had put some chicken and bbq sauce in the crockpot- one of Taylor's favorite things. He made rice and heated up frozen corn and rolls to go with it. He seems to always make Sunday lunch because he has more time in the morning to throw something in the crockpot or I usually have to sit down and nurse a baby directly after church and nobody wants to wait for that. Soooooo, after everyone had filled their plates and the prayer had been said, he got a "thank you daddy" from Taylor and Cagey. I didn't pay much attention (because I wasn't sure what they had thanked him for) until Taylor says, " isn't anybody going to thank daddy for this delicious meal?" Somebody knife me...please. Oh and Jeebs, thank you for that wonderful meal.

ps I really am grateful to Jeebs for his Sunday dinners

1 comment:

The Airharts said...

oooo, thats one of my favorite meals too! Love the spicy honey bbq sauce, mmmmmm-your blog always makes me hungry!