Wednesday, August 3, 2011

August 2nd (August is useless)

7:15 drag myself out of bed

7:25 do my Jillian Michaels 20 min workout that still kicks your rear end and makes your quads quiver so you can't bend to go potty

7:50 throw out the oh so nutritious cold cereal and toast (at least my kids are liking ezekiel bread these days)

8:15 throw everybody (minus Cagey) into the car

8:20-9:10 drive to Morehead City like a bat out of heck

9:10 throw Tates out of the car for pony camp

9:20 turn back around and head for pony camp to drop Tater's water bottle off that we forgot to leave the first time.

9:30- 10:45 wander aimlessly around Bed, Bath and Beyond and then Michaels with nothing specific in mind, but still managing to spend $20

11:00 head to the beach for the first time this summer (pathetic, I know, but I just had a baby)

11:15 nurse baby, give Ezra a snack

11:25 head for the water

11:30 put feet in the water and Ezra freak out

11:35 head back to the car carrying baby because she is done being in her wrap

11:40 get back in car, nurse baby, change baby, nurse baby some more

11:55 head back to pony camp

12:10 pick up Tates and head for Panera (ahhhh Panera how do I love thee)

That was my day yesterday and today was another day of pony camp with 3 hours to kill in Morehead city. I went to Harris Teeter first to look for the few things that I can only get there and then headed to Walmart. I hate Walmart so much. I wrapped my baby again and took my non- nap taking 2 year old with me. After about 5 minutes into the store Ezra became totally irrational and inconsolable. A nice lady stocking sausage gave him a cereal bar- she was my hero for the day. He got up in the cart and ate his bar quietly. 3 minutes lady Meny got sick of being in her wrap and decided she wanted in on the party. She starts screaming and screaming and again I get all the fun looks from strangers. Sorry Mooks, no cereal bar for you! By this time I have her in one arm and dragging my buggy up to the front to check out. Apparently only 3 registers work in that row of 700 registers. While we were waiting Ezra decided he'd had enough of his cereal bar and started handing it to me in pieces. After I took the first chunk and then refused to take the rest of it he too the liberty to just prop it in the crease of my arm that was busy holding Mooks. I wonder what joys tomorrow will hold. There is a new Five Guys in Morehead, is it worth the calories? And remember I've been working out for almost a month now without a change in the scale- awesome.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I can't believe you didn't call me. I am super bitter! If you have to come again you are welcome to come hang out with me. I live right up the street from Kimberly's parents.

Unknown said...

5 guys is alright. I would describe it as pretty greasy, but if you're looking for that greasy hamburger and fries to hit a spot..it might just do the trick. I love Panera too. I think I could eat there everyday, if I had enough moola.

alexandriasmomma said...

As long as you've lived there you'd think people would finally get the message that you DO NOT CALL PEOPLE for help. For some of us, adding more people and their kids to the mix simply makes things harder and most stressful, instead of less. I'll be so glad, gee, when you get out of there and back close to family. There is no substitute.

I plucked up the courage to go outside and check out the noises. PEACHY PEACH I NEED YOU!!! It was a SKUNK, who had just sprayed or had just walked across the front driveway. It STINKS out there. I hope I don't get into bed smelling like skunk. Oh, the lovely experiences we have living in the country. The noises keep coming as if something is up against the house or in the walls, so I've just put my earphones on and am listening to Rush as I type. Time to go to bed, though. Kiss the kids for me, gee, and tell them how much I love and miss them.