Sunday, August 7, 2011

My Ward

New Bern has been rough. We've gone through a disgusting rental complete with a 250$ water leak debacle, several medical expenses not covered by insurance, job moving 2 hours away 6 months after buying our home, job loss, miscarriage and a continually depreciating house that has been on the market for almost 4 years. The saving grace? Our ward. The gospel is the same every where you go and I am eternally grateful for that. And, every ward has the good people you like and those ones that bless your life by teaching you patience. We have questioned our decision to move here over and over again and we have always come to the same conclusion- whatever has happened we have loved being in our New Bern Ward and meeting some of the best people. Today I came home with two things I will love forever.
This picture of Ezra was taken in nursery the day I was doing music in there for a friend. We were singing "To Be a Pioneer" and I forgot my boy pioneer hat...so the boys had to be little boys that lost their hats on their trek and borrowed their mother's bonnet (or something like that). This is Ezra's nursery face- he's got them all fooled. He looks so angelic. One of the nursery leaders took a picture of him and brought me a copy- hilarious. And this...
Remember this man? His mother gave me this music today. It's one of his original compositions. She wants me to work on it and play it for him so maybe he'll remember the piece. I can't wait to play it and I hope I can do it justice. I really am a mediocre pianist, but I am so excited to have a piece of his music for my own. This same sister also crocheted me a baby blanket for Kilmeny (which I will keep forever) and at 90 something was doing jumping jacks in the nursery. Awesome.

2 comments:

alexandriasmomma said...

I can't wait to hear the music! New Bern ward is the BOMB. They are SUCH good people.

alexandriasmomma said...

Man, if I knew I would be able to do jumping jacks at ninety, I wouldn't MIND getting old! I can't do jumping jacks NOW and haven't been able to since I was 42 years old!!!