Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Pull-ups dadgummit!!!

Pull-ups haunt my life! I'm not talking about the poopy kind- I'm talking about the "we'll help you up there to the bar so you can hang for a minute while we count the amount you can do" which will be zero! Kind. In elementary every year there was a fitness test. We had to run, do sit-ups and among other things Pull ups. I hated it every year. I'd hang there trying to will my arms to bend just a little to make me even a centimeter closer to that bar. They never moved. I hung- they ticked off a minute on the stopwatch and my teacher would write down a big dang zero by my name. Ughhhh.

Fast forward 25 years later- wow I'm old- and still I hang and will my arms to pull, but alas, they do not move. I thought after all the Jillian workouts and semi definition in my arms something would change. I will admit I can get a centimeter closer to the bar and that's it. I guess a centimeter at a time right? I'm determined to do one before I die. So' centimeter a year- 40 years? I'll be 74. You better recognize I'm going to be the saggy baggy 74 year old doing A pull-up.

I bet Ezra can do a pull-up when he's 5.



No comments: