Friday, December 26, 2008

Happy Anniversary!! 7 years


Jeebs and I have been married for 7 years today. His name has evolved from James to Jamis to Jeebus, and now Jeebs. I'm thinking of shortening it to "J". He didn't like that suggestion too much. It's pretty funny when even our Bishop is calling him Jeebs :)

7 years ago today we were in Portland, Oregon with both of our families. It was such a fun trip. Our families left from Salt Lake a couple of days before we flew out to meet them. We had a day of shopping at the outlet malls on Christmas Eve and a trip to the Oregon coast- so beautiful and so fun to be all together. Christmas was spent at the house James' parents were staying at and then a huge family dinner at the church with all of James' aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents that lived nearby. Craziness.

We were sealed on December 26th, 2001 at the Portland, Oregon Temple by James' grandfather- it was a wonderful and special day. I remember after we were married and I had changed out of my wedding dress- I went out to meet James to leave and go check in at the hotel we were staying in for the night and my family went the opposite way to go back to the hotel I was staying in just the night before with them. It still makes me a little sad to think about that moment. I knew nothing would ever be the same.

My sister (with a little help from my mom:) planned and carried out my whole wedding. It was beautiful and I hoped that one day I would get to do the same for her. I miss you gee. We're always thinking about you. I managed to make it through the whole sealing without crying until I hugged my crying sister. I probably would have fallen totally to pieces if I hadn't been so nervous about being newly married and if I had known what my sister's future would hold.



I know, Jeebs looks so young. I have aged him well :) I have that effect on people. Happy Anniversary Jeebs. 7 years down, eternity to go :)



I had to throw in this picture - this is one of the first dress shops we looked for dresses. I kind of think I should have gone with this dress, but at the time it wasn't at all what I had imagined in my head for my wedding dress, but it is really flattering. I think my mom liked it better than what I ended up with.

1 comment:

DyessFam said...

Oh, my goodness! Your wedding pics are beautiful!!! I've never seen them before.:) Man, poor Jeebs' hair! hehehe. I think its funny that everyone calls him jeebs, too! Even me!:):) We've got most people calling Ezekiel, Zekers. I love it. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!