Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Percy proves useful

Does anybody else hate bending over when they're pregnant? Yeah, me too, especially when I'm in lots of pain from my stinkin' pelvis. Well, tonight I was heating up a bowl of frozen peas in the microwave- after I got them out I tasted them and they seemed freezer burned so I was picking them up to throw them in the sink and somehow they slipped right out of my hands. Hot peas and pea water all over my kitchen floor and stove. There was even one lone pea on the other side of my bar- that tells you how far they flew. Relaxin is a nasty little hormone, I must say. So, there I was with pea juice on my pants and peas all over my kitchen floor. Percy came to the rescue. I've never seen him eat peas, but I guess he sensed I needed help and he immediately started devouring them as fast as he could. I got up several handfuls because I didn't want to be cleaning up pea-filled dog puke at midnight tonight. He really did do a good job getting up what I left behind and picking up most of them before I had to bend over a 100 times. He really is annoying sometimes and James really can't stand him, but I just love having him around at times like this. He is also getting a lot better at not running away every second of the day. I've been letting him out by himself in the morning and he takes a little trip a few houses down, but he comes running back when he's done (usually). I think he's just a big yard, country kind of poodle. It must kill him to stay inside all day and wear his little argyle Christmas sweater :)

4 comments:

Jake and Emily Huckaby said...

I need to see this sweater.

DyessFam said...

you had "p" juice on you...hehehehe. Sorry, couldn't resist! And yes bending over when pregnant bites!:)

DyessFam said...

Yeah, she gave me some exercises to do, but I'm not going to start them right now cuz I'm a lazy bum about that kind of thing! If she still thinks the baby is posterior in 6 weeks, then I will do the exercises. I think this little one will turn on his/her own. (At least that's what I'm hoping will happen;) I hope your hip stops hurting. Mine hurts on my left side, but its that adductor muscle (I think I named the right one) on the outside of my hip and it really bothers me when I go to bed at night. In the morning its usually better so really I'm good. hehehe. Whatever, I'm close to delirium right now, so I'm totally outy! I'm having to type "oxyle". I think I'll name our next dog that. It sounds funny.....

wagdog said...

Take the sweater off of Percy. Do it now!