Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Hooray for the Half Point!!

Yesterday was the official halfway mark of this pregnancy. We have had a little bit of stress the last month with Jeebs' job closing and medical bills piling up, but miraculously we got a job offer we couldn't refuse and Jeebs has a new job!! A full-time job. They are thankfully letting him work from home for a lot of the time- the job is in Raleigh and we live 2 hours away. I have another midwife appointment in 2 weeks- right before Christmas, should be fun. The baby is kicking and wiggling a lot lately so it is always a stress reliever to know the little person is still okay.

Jeebs had to go to Raleigh yesterday and on his way home he was nice enough to go into Pottery Barn and see if they had the rest of the bedding I got on sale. They had the quilt, a sham, and the crib skirt- all on a very good sale. So it was regularly over 250$ and I got it all for under 90$! I am so excited. It is a little girly so I'll probably have a boy and not want to use it :) Ebay, right??

Yesterday evening I let Tates stay up if she would rub my feet. I got her lotion and everything and it was heaven. She got to stay up an extra hour and I got new feet. Man, it is amazing what a foot rub can do for one. It has been really nice here lately, but today and the next couple of days are going to be nasty. It really knocks the Christmas spirit out of me. Hopefully it'll be cold for Christmas day! It just doesn't feel like Christmas when you're in short sleeves and burning up. Yes, I know I was raised in Texas and we had a lot of hot Christmases but no, you do not get use to it.

3 comments:

Jake and Emily Huckaby said...

Call me when you get a sec and give me details...that's so great.

The Nicolaysens said...

Yay! That's exciting and I am so glad that Jamie found a job, just in time for Christmas :)

wagdog said...

Who the crap is Jamie?