Sunday, April 12, 2009

37 weeks and still public

This week has just flown by. Tates keeps a mental countdown to my due date. Every morning she sees me she says such and such days to the baby. I hope this baby won't come late and let her down :) I have been trying to do a little better with keeping on keeping on- generally I just give up, but this week had a lot of fun activities. Funtivities! hehehe what show? Anyway, I have to say the funniest pregnant comment I've heard so far is "I want some of those nachos." That was one of my friends' husbands, Brother Allen. Ya know the Taco Bell commercial with the dude dressed up as a prego lady? Yeah- I was just thinking the other day how much my belly was looking like that big plastic bubble with the nachos. It made me laugh anyway.

This last week me and the kids and the Savitz clan headed to whole-in-the-road Aurora NC. They have a cool little museum and a dirt pit to dig in with all kinds of ocean fossils- like shark teeth. We found lots of shark teeth and there was tons of corral. Pretty cool. I think the kids enjoyed it and I was just proud of myself for being seen in public when I didn't have to be.



Good Friday wasn't so good. I had to drive to Burgaw for my midwife appointment which is a hour and a half drive. I had to be there at 10 so I had to get up early and hit it. I was so miserably tired and fat- cursing as I was getting Cagey ready to go with me- good mom, right? I am trying to stay awake the whole drive down and my large bum is killing me. Finally pull into the office at about 10:05 and no one is there. I called my midwife and I had the wrong (*&#^ day!! She doesn't see her clients once a week until 39 weeks- ARGH! So this Friday I have to go down again! I'm just praying that maybe the baby will come this week so I don't have to make the drive. As I'm driving home- I called Jeebs to tell him what I did and that I'd be home in a little while. Well, 5 minutes after hanging up with Jeebs he calls me back with more news. He was supposed to be off- he didn't realize he had Good Friday off- we could've had a whole relaxing day doing something fun or n ice together- or getting something done!! ARGH!! Then he went on a campout that night- I was so afraid I was going to go into labor and he was going to be gone- but alas- I am still pregnant- the baby saved his bum.

Saturday was the Easter Egg Hunt at the church. The kids had fun making pine cone bird feeders and playing games, planting flowers and finding eggs. Cagey got all of 3 eggs on his own- parents were stuffing his basket with more eggs out of their own kids' baskets. He actually was pretty happy just to have his 3 eggs though :) Tates cleaned up too- she only had about a dozen eggs and she got the same treatment. I shudder to think how much sugar they have consumed in the last 2 days.



No comments: