Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Uncle Page and Aldi Airlines :)

My little brother, Page, came this past week for a visit and to be my personal massage therapist. Dang- I will miss him :) I felt very good and I was able to walk around a lot easier. My feet are feeling better as well. We got him the ticket several weeks ago and got the cheapest thing we could find :) Apparently it might as well have been called Aldi airlines. Sooooo, the ticket was cheap, but he had to pay 15$ for his one checked suitcase that was way under 50 lbs. They had no complimentary snacks- don't you pretty much assume you're going to get peanuts and/or crackers on a flight? Especially a 3 1/2 flight? Anyway, he got a drink- that was it. What in the heck? I think every one of his flights was delayed taking off and he had to sit on the tarmac waiting for some random problems to be taken care of. Well, he got here and got home safely- that's all that matters. We didn't do much- the weather was not very cooperative. On Monday I was determined to go to the beach because you can't really come to New Bern and not go to the beach. So, we headed to the beach in the morning even though we were under a tornado watch. It's not really a big deal to us because we lived our lives under tornado watches- and even lived through a tornado. As long as things aren't too threatening looking- which they weren't- no biggie. HOLY Hannah- we got to the beach and could barely get out of the car. The wind was like hurricane wind. It was ridiculous. We got sandblasted- and the surf was amazing. It was pretty cool looking, but the kids were miserable- they didn't have jackets and Cagey was having a hard time standing in the wind. We had sand on every square inch and in every crevice of our bodies.
We got El Cerro in Havelock afterwards- so it was worth the trip:)
This was pretty typical scene while Page was here. He was playing a computer game and the kids were on either side of him watching his every move.


This is what Cagey was doing the whole time- he was so miserable and kept saying, "I'm ready to go home." Look at the water.




This is a shot of the dry sand blowing and sandblasting everything in its path. I don't know if it really shows how freaking fast and ridiculous the wind and sand was blowing.

I told Tates to cuddle up to Cagey to keep him warm and I thought this picture turned out really cute. Tates and Cagey really enjoyed having Uncle Page spend the week here. I think they enjoyed beating him up and Cagey had someone else to ask 700 times- "What are you doing?" and "Why?"

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Respect Aldi's, man. I bet you could find all the ingredients for Chicken Tetrazzini there.

Page said...

I look like a swallowed a baby in that top picture, thanks nessa. And let the records show that *I* did not complain about Aldi airlines or any other Aldi product besides the re-fried beans.