Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday




Jeebs made a remark today that I thought was so telling about him. He told us how glad he was that Easter hadn't become as commercialized as Christmas. We can focus on the real reason of Easter. Jeebs keeps such a good perspective on things. It is so wonderful what Christ has done for us and because He overcame death so will we. I am so thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. Because of Him I will see my sister again and have my family with me forever.

I am also so thankful for my cute kids. They are definitely the reason I keep going and the reason I keep wanting more :) As hard as it is to be in your childbearing years- it's such a short and exciting time of your life. I just keep thinking- I'm not going to be able to do this my whole life- so I really need to enjoy it while I can and I want to enjoy and experience every part of it. This is the main reason I love having homebirths- they're more personal and it's all about the experience- no one there to mess it up for you. Not to mention safer and better for you and your baby.

If anybody hasn't seen Elder HOlland's talk with the video put to it on lds.org- check it out- it is really good.

3 comments:

Jake and Emily Huckaby said...

Happy Easter. BTW, I love Taylor's hair. She is beautiful!

DyessFam said...

Beautiful kiddos! Well, you're almost there. I know you are so excited. :) I'm gonna have to do a photo shoot today. I need to put Ailey in a dress and take pics and do a post. Man, I'm so behind with things. I can remember with Braden we were having pictures made every couple of months! Zekey got them made two times the first year and I haven't even gotten Ailey's made yet. I don't know if I will be able to because I can't guarantee we'll be here to pick them up! I might have to make an appointment to go to the picture people in Austin and do it that way since they give you your pictures the same day. :) Woohoo!

The Nicolaysens said...

Your kids look so cute and Cage is looking so grown up! I hope your feeling okay and be sure to let us know when that baby decides to come out!