Thursday, April 16, 2009

Proud to be a Texican

Whenever anybody found out I was from Texas at BYU they always assumed I was a die hard Texan. I was never one of the die hard Texans all about Texas until now. I don't know if anybody went to any of the TEA parties in their area, but Glenn Beck was at the one in San Antonio held at the Alamo. I'm so proud to be from Texas where there is a governor with the guts to stand up to the Federal government- where people don't want anything from their government. They want to work hard for what they get and what they want. They want the government to get their hand out of every aspect of thier lives. This is the mindset everyone needs to have. The more people turn to the government for 'help', the more power people give over to them. Our founding fathers did not want big government- that's what they fought against. I may not blast the country music, wear wranglers, or go boot scootin'- but I love the mindset of Texas. I never wanted to move back to Texas for good because it is so stinkin' hot and I was raised by a mother that wanted us to all broaden our horizons- now, I'm thinking Texas is not so bad. Jeebs has even said that he wouldn't mind moving to Texas because of the great politics there. That is saying something - from the diehard Oregonian.

2 comments:

Page said...

eff tejas.

alexandriasmomma said...

GOOD GRIEF, PAGE!!! Not nice. Don't mess with Texas, man. Because of your dad's ancestors, you and your sibs (and your kids, grandkids, etc.) are qualified to be members of First Families of Texas. I don't know if any of the Wagleys have signed up or anything. So, on my side of the family, y'all are DUPS or SUPS, on daddy's side, FFT. Cool, huh? I sure think so. And, yes, I"M PROUD TO BE A TEXICAN!!!