Monday, January 11, 2010

Finding Neverland

I made a big mistake today and watched Finding Neverland for the second time. The first time I watched it and I bawled my eyes out- I think I made myself sick and said I would never watch it again, even though it is really good. For some strange reason I watched it again today. I couldn't even hear most of it and I was doing other things through the whole thing, but I still caught enough that I was crying. I was so tired today and after having a bit of a cry my head started killing me. I cried because I miss my sister, I cried because my kids are growing up too fast and I cried because I'm here in NC while my family is in TX and UT.

This year Taylor will be 8, she'll be baptized and start school. Cagey will be old enough to start school. CAGEY my little baby CAGEY!! AND Ezra will be ONE. ONE!! Wasn't I just pregnant and miserable and so anxious I thought I was going to die? As tired as I am- I have to say I really love this time of my life. I love having my kids around me- even when they're driving me crazy. I know some day soon they'll be grown up- having their own kids. It'll just be Jeebs and me- and while there will be certain aspects of that that will be great- I am going to miss my kids! My New Year's Resolution is to ENJOY my kids more. Today was a tough day. There was screaming and whining and a very fussy demanding baby. But, we had moments that were magical. We painted watercolor pictures, we played Scriptionary for Family Home Evening and I beat the big boss guy at the end of the level on our Sonic game. And, no matter how depressed or irritated I am, when Ezra smiles at me it turns me completely around. Taylor said one day, "Ezra has magical smiles!" I just love my little family I've been blessed with.

"Young boys should never be sent to bed they always wake up a day older." Finding Neverland

1 comment:

Wendy said...

That quote is going to make me cry!!!!