Thursday, January 14, 2010

Too Much DIY


Over Christmas I became obsessed with making these little flowers that I singed the ends of circles of fabric and sewed them together with little beaded centers. I think they turned out pretty dang cute and the more I make the cuter they get. I've made some really big ones that I really like. Tonight we were at Target and I found a plain sweater cardigan for 5$ and a sweater shell for 7$. I got them hoping to embellish them in some way in the near future. We'll see. I'm going to make some more flowers and add them to the shell, I think. At least if I mess them up I'm not out much money. OH and tonight at Target I also found a set of pans regularly 200$ marked down to $50...yesssssssssssss. I needed pans badly.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I love, love, love your flowers. You know what would be so adorable but probably a pain to make? A Valentine's flower wreath in delicate pinks and whites and reds. I told myself I was going to make one for my front door out of fake flowers, but your fabric flowers are way cuter!

DyessFam said...

Those are stinkin dang cute! I might have to copy you and make some fo me!