Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Just a quick thought...

Maybe I should do a workout blog. I've tried so many workout videos. I really like my Firm workout- I have a 16" step that they call the "FannyLifter" and I must say it really does lift one's fanny. I have done them since after Taylor was born. I did them 3 times a week for all but the last 10 weeks of my pregnancy with Cagey- and I had the easiest time losing my baby weight after Cagey. I tried to do them this time around, but the stepping killed my pelvis and so it was either be up and be active most days or do a workout one day and be down on the couch for 3 while my pelvis recovered. I opted for the first, but I am paying for it now. I got a new workout on ebay- a Jillian Michaels one- Burn Fat and Boost Metabolism cardio blast. LOVE IT. The first time I did it I thought- this is impossible I am going to die, but now I can do it and I'm even pushing myself even harder. I just got the 30 Day Shred today. I did the first level 20 min workout- while I think it's good if you need a quick workout- I like the cardio blast one a lot better- much more challenging, but I will try the level 2 and 3 and see how they are.

Okay- this was supposed to be a quick thought- oh well. This is what I was going to post. So in a completely unrelated subject...I have made a discovery- a very delicious discovery. I have posted my grandma's brownie recipe on here before and now I have a new and improved option for frosting them. Last Friday we had the missionaries over to eat. I always try to make a dessert when we have people over. This time I was trying to make up for the fact that we were just having potato soup. I know boys like meat and I just didn't feel like going to the store to get said meat, so I opted for potato soup because I wouldn't have to go to the stinkin' store. So- it turned out to be a CRAZY day. Ezra fell out of his highchair- I knocked Cagey off his chair while trying to make some rolls that he was helping me with- then I knocked Cagey and Ezra's heads together accidentally- then Tates had art class that I had to take her to and pick her up from. AGAGHAHG Anyway- you get the picture. I ran out of time and energy to whip up chocolate buttercream from scratch. I happened to have a thing of bought vanilla frosting in the cupboard for a school project I was going to do with Tates. I know, horrors!! Bought frosting!! I had to swallow my pride and asked jeebs if I should just frost them with that junk and he said yes. I reluctantly took it out of the cupboard and then remembered the NUTELLA I had gotten Jeebs for Christmas that was still in the cupboard. OH YES and HEAVEN was born. So I am finally getting to it. Mix those puppies together and frost your brownies with them. It is delicious and evil and the nasty bought frosting doesn't taste like nasty bought frosting anymore. OH man- ya gotta try it. I know you probably won't, but if you do- let me know :) and you can thank me later or curse me later when you can't fit into your clothes anymore- which ever one :)

2 comments:

Thompson family said...

Hey Vanessa!! How are you doing? Personally I like the Biggest Loser videos...and I just got the game for Wii! We are making our blog private...can you send me your email address so I can invite you? Thanks...my email is thompsonbunch@gmail.com

DyessFam said...

When I get my urge to bake back again, I will most definitely try yo brownies with the fanny slipping frosting. You are cracking me up with the "one's" this and "one's" that...have you been watching British Period Dramas again?! Oh, and have you seen Cranfor, Return to Cranford and the new Emma on PBS yet? So good. I think I've been watching too many because the other day Braden was doing something and I said, "Are you quite done now?" and Sam looked at me and said, " Did you just say "quite" done?" and I said, "....yes....." anyway, you get the picture.:)