Sunday, July 4, 2010

DAy after DAy

Tates is sick- writhing in pain with her stomach. She hasn't thrown up, but she cries and cries in waves. Cagey has whined about his stomach too, but he's not crying or throwing up. Ezra just whines and cries because that's what he does and he has 4 teeth coming in. These are the days that try women's souls. There are illegal fireworks going off everywhere and we just saw a fox come out of the woods, right after seeing something else dart through the dark backyard- Jeebs and daddy say it was a rabbit. If it were a rabbit that is the biggest dang rabbit I've ever seen. Maybe a were-rabbit.

Update: Tates finally puked and I was unprepared. I was holding her in her bed as she writhed around in pain and then suddenly said, "I have to throw up!" I jumped off the bed and grabbed the first thing I could get my hands on. It was a hat box I creatively mod podged and Tates put all her little trinkets in it. I grabbed it, ripped off the lid and held it for her to puke in. She had already put the vast majority of her stomach contents on the floor. On top was the bag of her most prized legos and she seemed to stop mid-heave and look at me as to say, "I'm not puking on my legos ma!" I ripped out the legos and let her cover the rest of the contents in vomit-o. Oh how I hate vomit-o!

No comments: